Vehicle accidents can be a devastating ordeal. Afer the initial shock of the accident, an individual must begin the long and arduos road to physical and emotional recovery. The healing that comes after the accident should be the focal point of the victims recovery, not dealing with the insurance company. By hiring a personal injury lawyer, you can concentrate on what matters after an accident and let your attorney deal with the ordeal of securing compensation.
Actions you should take following an accident:
• Seek medical attention if you are injured or think you are injured! Even though the accident could have been minor, the rush of adrenaline through the body sometime masks injury. It is important to have a medical doctor run tests to ensure you have not incurred serious injury.
• If possible, exchange contact information and insurance information with all parties involved.
• Write down EVERYTHING anyone says at the scene. This may later be used as evidence AGAINST them, especially if they admit guilt!
• Take note of the location of the accident, positioning of vehicles, road conditions, and you interpretation of what happened. Doing this immediately after an accident is imperative. The details can become hazy the longer you wait to document them.
• Contact a St Marys County accident attorney who focuses on personal injury lawsuits.
After you provide this information to your attorney, concentrate on getting well. Do not answer any questions posed by the insurance company, simply refer them to your lawyer. He or she will speak with the insurance company on your behalf.
Your doctor may decide you need additional tests or treatment. The additional tests may include MRIs, CAT scans, or x-rays. This information will help your lawyer determine whether to pursue additional compensation for long term care, wage loss, or physical therapy.
At the Law Office of John Critzos, II, we understand your suffering after an accident. Mr. Critzos will work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve for medical bills, wage loss, property damage, and emotional distress. Please contact us for a free consultation regarding your personal injury claim.
Tags: accident attorney, accident lawyer, anne arundel county accident attorney, anne arundel county accident lawyer, anne arundel county personal injury attorney, auto accident, automobile accident, charles county accident attorney, charles county accident lawyer, charles county personal injury attorney, d c accident attorney, d c accident lawyer, dc accident attorney, dc accident lawyer, eastern shore accident attorney, eastern shore accident lawyer, injury attorney, injury lawyer, kent county accident attorney, kent county accident lawyer, mary's county accident attorney, mary's county accident lawyer, maryland accident attorney, maryland accident lawyer, Maryland personal injury attorney, maryland personal injury lawyer, montgomery county accident attorney, montgomery county accident lawyer, motorcycle accident, oxon hill personal injury attorney, prince georges county accident attorney, prince georges county accident lawyer, prince georges county personal injury attorney, st, traffic accident, traffic crash, truck accident, Virginia