Having a motorcycle accident can be a devastating situation. After the initial shock, many times we are left to contemplate what may be next. Mounting debt from hospital bills and lost wages can add stress to an already traumatizing situation. Many times litigation is necessary in order to get the compensation needed to help the victim of a motorcycle accident.
By making sure all your bases are covered legally after a traffic accident, you can aid your attorney in the litigation process. For more serious injuries, it is imperative to seek medical help immediately by dialing 911.
If the accident is less severe:
• Write down the make and model of the vehicles, take pictures with a camera phone if possible
• Ask witnesses for their contact information so your attorney can question them if need be
• Write down you account of the accident while it is fresh in your mind, this will ensure accuracy of your side of the story
• If you are contacted by the other party’s insurance adjuster, refer them to your attorney before answering any questions
• Do not rush to make repairs on your bike, make sure every bit of damage is well documented before any repairs are made
As soon as possible, contact your attorney. You will need a lawyer who is well-versed in the motorcycle laws for your state. Your attorney’s experience with motorcycle accidents is the key to your success. Selecting the right attorney will determine how well you will be compensated after an accident.
As always it is important to know your rights and the specific motorcycle laws for your state. Since motorcycle accidents often result in very serious injury, it is absolutely imperative you are granted the most compensation possible in order to aid you in your recovery. For help with a motorcycle accident, please contact us.
Tags: accident attorney accident lawyer anne arundel county accident attorney anne arundel county accident lawyer anne arundel county personal injury attorney auto accident automobile accident charles count