If you’ve sustained injuries in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. Here we’ll explain exactly what that means and how you can ensure you’re properly compensated for your wage loss.
Lost Wages Overview
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that keeps you from going to work and making a living, you could be entitled to compensation equal to the amount you would have received had you not been injured. Lost wages refers to the wages you cannot earn because of the injury you sustained. It includes the entire period you could not work.
Lost wages also include:
- Lost earning capacity. If your injuries result in a long-term disability and you’re unable to earn at the capacity you were earning at before the accident, that would be included in your lost wages claim.
- Lost opportunities. You could receive a value for lost earning opportunity if you missed a job interview while you were recovering from your injuries.
How to Collect Lost Wages
You can collect a lost wage claim through the following methods:
- Liability bodily injury insurance coverage. If the injuries you sustained were due to someone else’s negligence, you’d be able to submit a claim for lost wages through the negligent driver’s bodily injury insurance coverage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If another driver hits you and he does not have insurance or insurance with little coverage, you may have the ability to collect lost wages under your own uninsured or underinsured insurance coverage.
- Personal injury protection insurance coverage. Some policies allow you to have this type of coverage, and you can file a claim for lost wages through this coverage regardless of whose fault the accident was.
If you’ve been injured or know someone who has, and have been unable to work as a result, contact us to set up an appointment to review your current situation. You may contact us by calling 844-Take-MyCase or going to our website, www.844TakeMyCase.com! Also, please visit our Facebook page and like it, tell your friends about our Facebook page, and if you desire, leave a message or comment on our Facebook page.
Tags: accident attorney, accident lawyer, anne arundel county accident attorney, anne arundel county accident lawyer, anne arundel county personal injury attorney, auto accident, automobile accident, charles county accident attorney, charles county accident lawyer, charles county personal injury attorney, d c accident attorney, d c accident lawyer, dc accident attorney, dc accident lawyer, eastern shore accident attorney, eastern shore accident lawyer, injury attorney, injury lawyer, kent county accident attorney, kent county accident lawyer, mary's county accident attorney, mary's county accident lawyer, maryland accident attorney, maryland accident lawyer, Maryland personal injury attorney, maryland personal injury lawyer, montgomery county accident attorney, montgomery county accident lawyer, motorcycle accident, oxon hill personal injury attorney, prince georges county accident attorney, prince georges county accident lawyer, prince georges county personal injury attorney, st, traffic accident, traffic crash, truck accident, virginia accident attorney, virginia accident lawyer