Free Consultation


I Was Injured in an Auto Accident. How Do I Get My Lost Wages In Maryland ?

When dealing with the aftermath of personal injuries as a result of an auto accident, the reality of your lost wages may not immediately occur to you. However, once the dust settles, you may start worrying about your lost pay. Whether your injuries have caused you to missed a few days, or longer due to more severe injuries, that lost pay can be the last problem you want to worry about. Many people don’t realize that there are options for receiving your pay when you have missed work due to personal injuries as a result of an auto accident.
Claiming lost wages in Maryland are not just limited to what a plaintiff can be awarded by a court from the person or company found responsible for the injury. When people think about personal injury awards, they often think of a court determining who is responsible and having that person or company paying for medical bills, lost wages, and even pain and suffering to the victim that was injured. And while this is often what happens, there is also another way to collect lost wages in Maryland when you are involved in an auto accident.’
This other means is called the Personal Injury Protection (PIP). When you purchase liability insurance in Maryland, PIP is usually included in the policy unless you waive your coverage. This protection is supplied when injury occurs in an auto accident to cover medical bills and lost wages. The coverage is available even if you are the one who caused the accident and has no affect on any court awarded settlement for either side. In fact, it is not permitted to mention any other sources under the collateral source rule. This rule prevents the deciding judge or jury from allowing any other money the plaintiff may have received from affecting their decision.
With many of the issues that can arise from being in an auto accident, including lost wages, it is important to know your rights in order to collect the money you need to get your life back on track after the accident. If you are in an accident where you are injured, your best course of action is to contact a personal injury lawyer to ensure that you are awarded the full amount, both from the person or company that caused the injury, as well as any funds available to you through PIP. If you need assistance with a personal injury case, you can contact us. We would be happy to help you determine your best course of action. Don’t miss an opportunity to receive all the funds available to you due to the accident.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Oxon Hill
5210 Indian Head Hwy.
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
410-267-1881 (fax)
63 West St., 2nd Floor
Annapolis, Md. 21401
410-267-1881 (fax)
WordPress Image Lightbox Plugin